Do you find soap scum all over your sinks, bathroom and shower? Does it seem like soap and shampoo isn’t really working right, leaving you still unclean? Is the water in your pipes flowing slowly? If you've answered "yes" to any of these questions, chances are the water in your home is too hard. I'm sure you've heard the terms 'hard water' and 'soft water', but do you know what they mean? Hard water is any water containing an appreciable quantity of dissolved minerals. Soft water is treated water in which the only cation (positively charged ions) remains. Extremely hard water may shorten the life of plumbing and lessen the effectiveness of certain cleaning agents. When hard water is heated, the carbonates precipitate out of solution, forming scale in pipes. This scale can cause sediment buildup in the bottom of water heaters and restrict water flow in pipes. In addition to narrowing and potentially clogging the pipes, scale prevents efficient heat transfer, so a water heater with scale will have to use a lot more energy to produce hot water.
Soft water reduces the surface tension of the soap, which changes the way the water “wets” your skin, making your skin feel more “slippery”. Part of the reason some people dislike soft water is that the "slippery" feeling feels like the soap isn't entirely rinsed off. It doesn’t mean that the soap isn’t washing off, in fact, just the opposite! Softened water rinses more soap off of your skin, but leaves your natural oils, leaving your skin feeling soft! This illusion of soap staying on your skin is caused by our being accustomed to the dried "squeaky clean" feeling caused by hard water. What's typically happening is that the minerals in the hard water is sticking to and drying out your skin, causing your hair and skin to feel "squeaky clean." But, we know now that “squeaky clean” is not clean at all. It should be called “squeaky dirty”. The fact that we “squeaked” with hard water is because there was an invisible soap scum film that remained, causing our skin, scalp and hair to be overly dry.
If hard water is a problem in your home, a water softener that reduces minerals and hard ions in your water, leaving you with cleaner dishes, brighter clothes, and softer skin. At American Solar Enterprises LLC, we work hard to ensure our customers' satisfaction, and we offer only the highest quality water softening solutions.
Here are the FACTS:
1. Calcium and magnesium are “hard” minerals which combine with soap and form “curd” and suds.
2. This calcium and magnesium and soap curd lodges in the pores of your skin in hard water.
3. Since there is no calcium or magnesium in soft water, the sodium which is a “soft” mineral, combines with the soap to form suds, without curd, allowing the soap to do its’ job.
4. With softened water, there is no calcium and magnesium in the water and therefore no curd, and sodium does not stick in your skins’ pores.
5. There is no soap residue left when you shower in soft water.
6. With soft water, you’ll use 50% less soap, detergents and cleaning chemicals .
7. up to a 30% saving on water heating energy.
8. Dramatically increases the life of all plumbing appliances and no clogged pipes.
9. Delivers spot-free dishes in the dishwasher.
10. Cuts cleaning time in showers and sinks.
Once you have experienced the wonderful clean feeling of soft water, you’ll never want to be without it again. And, your skin, hair, appliances and plumbing will thank you. Call American Solar today to see how easy and affordable it is to have soft water in your life.
Products we offer